Modeling the Northeast in O scale for over 80 years
In 1939 three individuals, one of which was a member of St. John's Episcopal Church, formed the Stamford Model Railroad Club. The original layout consisted of 25ft of outside-third rail track and a Lionel Transformer. Today we operate the 2 rail O scale railroad on Direct Current (DC) electricity across six separate main line cab positions in which we can operate six trains at the same time. We have over 6000 ft of track, 250 track Switches, 11 large yards and a combined collection of over 1,700 Locomotives and rolling stock. There are 13 passenger stations along the railroad, a robust traction line, and about 250 Commercial and Residential buildings as well.